Now in its 67th Year and rich in tradition, the Bannow & Rathangan Show continues to showcase all that is good within our community. This show which is a one day event, takes place on the second Thursday in July, each year at Killag, Duncormick, Co. Wexford.
The many attractions on our 100 acre site are enjoyed by the thousands who visit each year. We can count ourselves fortunate to be able to hold the event in such a beautiful part of Ireland, indeed a beautiful part of the world in our picturesque south east, Ireland’s “hidden gem” as some have described it. And each and every person involved, whether directly through participation, sponsorship or exhibiting, or in just attending and sharing in the fun of the occasion, should quite rightly feel proud of what is achieved with the show given its importance in the community and for visitors to the region each year. You are all very welcome, whether it’s your first visit to the show or the next in very many. With the extensive programme of events, there is something for everyone. Together we can make this event better than ever…
The event now attracts some 15,000 visitors over the course of the day, with help and support from an army of volunteers that can grow to as many as 500 all accounted for as proceedings unfold. Without the support of each and every person the event would simply not exist in its present guise, for which we are extremely proud and appreciative of, as well as for the support of our many sponsors – both old and new – and the many trade stands set to exhibit.
There is something for everyone to see and do! With highlights including:
- 3 Year Old Horse All-Ireland Championship Final
- Grand Prix Show Jumping
- Horse, Pony and Donkey show classes, Dressage
- Cattle, Sheep, Goat, Poultry and Pet classes
- Dog Show 2pm
- Sheep Dog Trials
- Business & Craft Marquee
- The Food Village, showcasing the best of Irish foods
- 300 Trade Stands – something to suit everyone
- Cookery Demonstrations
- County Wexford Secondary Schools Cook Off 2016
- Live music and live South East Radio broadcast
- Home Industry – cookery, crafts, flowers, jams, farm produce, vegetables & photography
- Puppet show “Mr Cool” and Amusements
- Fashion Show by Wallace’s of Wellingtonbridge
- Vintage Display
- An extra special céad míle fáilte to all our overseas visitors, in conjunction with the Community Tourism Diaspora Initiative 2016
- All culminating with the exciting Inter Hunt Chase
All the ingredients for a fun day out for all the family!